How would I describe myself?
Creative, quirky and passionate. Those three words sum me up in a rather quick fashion. Though I am sure many people who have known me over the years could add a few more words to that list!
I have done many things in my life, made some fantastic decisions and some incredibly stupid ones. Many have taken me down roads I never wanted to venture down, and it took me a while to get back on track. Once on track, there was no stopping me. This was when I meet an amazing man who is my best friend and husband (aka ‘The Squire’).
A jack of many trades master of none sums up my ‘career.’ I started traveling in my late teens. Years later I bought a one-way ticket to London — what was I thinking? I worked on a cruise liner as a stewardess and worked in many hotels as a bartender/waitress. In between those jobs, it was office work, with a stint learning to be an Occupational Therapy Assistant [hospital] and a Manager of a home for people with disabilities. My last job was as a Qualified Preschool teacher, which I left quite a few years ago to manage our small orchard that the Squire and I created from bare land.
A few more facts!
- I am an early starter in a few of life’s challenges and a late starter in many. One example of my lateness is completing ten half marathons [competitive walker] and one triathlon in my fifties.
- I have the most incredibly patient, caring and intelligent husband, and the best travel buddy any girl could want.
- My first trip overseas was to Melbourne in the 1970’s when passports were not required. I have been traveling on and off since then.
- I love to garden and have this strange affliction of enjoying mowing lawns. NO matter what shape, I love them all.
- Don’t stand in the way of me and a good cup of coffee in the morning.
- I sometimes capture excellent photos; many get deleted as I am my harshest critic.
- I have a very contagious laugh, and I love to make people smile. You can find me at Global Housesitter x2. Why not drop by for a virtual cup of coffee?
From Retirement Reflections: Thank you, Suzanne, for dropping by this week to share a bit about yourself and your blog.
I am confident that you will find Suzanne’s travels, adventures, writing and photography as interesting as I do.
Please join us next Sunday with Guest Host Lynn from Encore Voyage — A Journey of Reinvention and Discovery. We hope to see you then!
If you would like to join in on the fun and submit your own Guest Post, I would love to have you share with us. Simply leave a comment, send an email or use this site’s Contact Form.