This week is my blog’s second birthday. I had previously committed to doing a full blog review and theme update on each blogiversary. But… with full-on holiday festivities, and my recent experience in Blogging Hell, January 1 came and went fairly quietly for this site.
Instead, I’d love it if we could chat over virtual cake…and the drink of your choice. As we watch the balloons fall, I can give you a quick update on how the ‘birthday child’ has grown.
• 667 monthly views in January 2016 to 3.3K monthly views currently.
• Readers in 111 countries (with the majority of readers in the US, Canada, Australia, UK, Singapore, Spain, China, New Zealand, India, Malaysia, and Thailand). * Significant to these stats: my youngest son, and several friends, currently live in Singapore…and I spent 14 years working at an international school in Beijing.
• 26 Guests Bloggers (and counting) have generously contributed posts.
• 11 Guest Posts have been written by me for others sites.
• 54,955 total words (60 posts and 27 Guest Posts) this year (158 posts in two years)
• 2 blogging awards (Top 30 International Retirement Blogs 2017 and Smart Living’s Top Positive Aging and Retirement Websites and Blogs 2017).
• 2393 comments, not including replies from me, have been kindly left on this site (I love comments)!
• But, as I have mentioned numerous times before, the connections made have been best of all!
In her interview with me last November, Debbie from Deb’s World asked me what future plans I had for this blog. The truth is, I did not know. Despite my experience in HELL, my creative side still yearns to experiment further with this site. Here’s where I need your help. What direction would you like to see this blog take? What changes would you suggest? Here are a few questions to help get you thinking. If you could answer even just one of them for me, I would be extremely grateful.
1. Why do you read this blog?
2. What do you like most about this site?
3. What changes (big or small) would you like to see made on this blog?
4. Is there a new WordPress theme or must-have plug-in that you would recommend?
5. Images, colours, readability….any recommendations there?
6. Any annoying features (too many snowflakes or falling balloons….or too many repeated words or expressions) that have irked you?
7. Would you like to see a different publishing date/time? I publish Guest Posts at 6 a.m. on Sundays (BC time), and my own posts more randomly (usually 6 a.m. midweek).
8. What’s missing or what would you like to see more frequently?
9. Oh, and adding a true confession, I never check Google Analytics. (Insert shock and horror here). Should I? What will it tell me that WordPress Stats do not?
I very much value your opinion and insight. Whether you are a frequent commenter, have never commented on this site previously, or are somewhere in-between, I would love to hear from you in any form that works best for you. Here are a few options.
• Direct comments ( I can take it…she says with confidence)
• Private Contact Me Form
• Private Email
• Facebook Messenger
I look forward to your honest feedback.